The subtitle of this small book is “A Biblical Examination from A to Z.” Koch (Th.D, Tübingen) lists cults alphabetically, but gives the most space to yoga. In these pages he gives a list of yoga doctrines including:
- Every bodily organ is related to the soul.
- Every person has a physical and spiritual nature which strive with one another for pre-eminence. A harmony and union of these two natures is to be achieved through psychological exercises.
- Man’s eternal self is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
- Man’s eternal self is both transcendent and immanent; it is without beginning and without end, having neither birth nor death.
- Material things are on a lower level than the mind, the intelligence and the spirit.
- Yoga includes all branches of physics and metaphysics. Yoga implies a synthesis of the physical and the metaphysical universe.
- Heaven and hell are the products of man’s mind.
- Yoga is magic, mysticism, occultism.